Updated July 8, 10:10pm: Added another link to the DAC Party photo set on Flickr.
Updated July 8, 10:30pm: Removed bold from half of the post... it's been a bad blog day...
It's taken awhile, but I've finally posted my photos of the official DAC party, held the Wednesday evening of DAC at the San Diego Convention Center. The mood was a bit more subdued than at the Denali party the previous evening. Steve Levitan, DAC chair, was looking quite relaxed, as were the rest of the attendees. Check out the complete photo set to see if you can find the following (sorry, I've been too lazy to try to add captions to the photos - feel free to add info in the comments):
- Jason Sprott, Verilab's VP of Consulting
- Cliff Cummings, Sunburst Design
- Eric Hennenhoefer, Founder of Obsidian Software and DVClub (should be easy, he's striking a very camera-worthy pose)
- The DAC Conference Organizing team from MP Associates, including Kathy Embler
- A woman with an exotic purple hairpiece (there was a story behind it but I neglected to write it down - perhaps someone can remind me of the purpose?)
- A group of people who now have photographic proof that even though they were at the party, they were working hard (or was that hardly working?)
Also, in case you missed it, I was simultaneously excited to hear that Verilab's DAC coverage was mentioned in Richard Goering's EETimes blog and that Richard had been let go the same day. The EETimes post is still up so I'm assuming the two events were not related... Anyone know what Richard is planning to do next?